Sunday, June 26, 2011

Grail amp main board and board fitting

The Grail amp is progressing rapidly now.  This morning, I finished the main board -- the last of six turret boards that this amp requires.  At 21.5" x 3", it's easily the biggest turret board I've ever layed out and constructed.  But with only one exception, everything went smoothly.  The one glitch that I discovered only after having mounted the turrets was that the pinout on the vactrols wasn't quite what I thought it was.  So the vactrols are mounted in somewhat of a spaghetti monster fashion.  It should work just fine, but version 2 of the board will definitely correct this.

As this was the last of the boards, I also had a chance to do an initial test fit of all the boards within the chassis. It's looking good!

Left closeup:

Middle closeup:

Right closeup:

Now all that's left to do is start wiring this puppy up. It won't be long now until the Fletchinator roars to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment