Well, I've gotten a few days behind on the blog here. But I do have a few photographs to share. Basically, I've gotten through the faceplate cutting stage. Which frankly was very nervous making, but all turned out well in the end. When it comes right down to it, I really don't have an adequate workshop at my disposal, so virtually everything gets done with handheld tools. This included cutting the hole in the faceplate for the VU with a handheld Dremel tool.. I gotta say this step pretty much sucked, as you are constantly aware that just one slip of the hand will irretrievably mar the faceplate material. Fortunately, I made it through, and when all was said and done it was a perfect fit.
So here's the faceplate after cutting and drilling:
Mounting the Pots and VU meter:
First front panel test fit:
I've actually now got just almost everything wired up except for all the runs to the faceplate. We're getting pretty close, but I need to go back and take some pictures of the guts so you can see how I ended up doing things like the ground scheme. More soon as time allows. Aiming for initial fire-up this coming weekend.